Saturday, April 22, 2023

Parfait Trifle

I stumbled across this recipe while searching for food to serve for a brunch after my daughter's baptism. Everything went wrong and I got sick and we almost canceled it. But my angel dad showed up early that morning and made everything happen, including this lovely trifle. Love my dad and I love this recipe :)


Ingredients:

8 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt

¼ cups pure maple syrup

1 ½  teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg

3 cups homemade granola

8 cups mixed fresh berries (I used blueberries raspberries & blackberries


Directions:

In a large bowl (with a hand mixer) or in the bowl of a stand mixer (with the whisk attachment), whip the yogurt, maple syrup and nutmeg until the yogurt is light and airy, 3 to 4 minutes.

Using a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer the yogurt, granola and berries starting with the yogurt  and ending with the berries.

Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment