Friday, July 12, 2013

Grandma Ruth's Twice Baked Potatoes

Story-time: my mom teaches piano and one summer, my grandma, aunt, and cousins visited us for a week so they could do "Piano Camp". I have a few special memories of this time but some of my favorites are spending time with Grandma Ruth in the kitchen. She taught me how to make these potatoes as well as homemade bread, meatloaf, and a few treats. She pretty much knows every recipe by heart and is used to cooking for many while under pressure. Someday I hope I can be just like her :) This is her recipe :)

INGREDIENTS:
4 potatoes
bacon slices or bacon bits
1 c sour cream
1/2 c milk
4 T butter
1/2 t salt
1/2 pepper
1 c shredded cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Bake potatoes for an hour.

3) Crumble bacon if you aren't using bacon bits.

4) When potatoes are done, allow them to cool for 10 minutes.

5) Slice potatoes in half lengthwise (hot dog style) and scoop the flesh into a large bowl; save the skins!

6) Add sour cream, milk, butter, salt, pepper, and 1/2 cup cheese to flesh. Mix well.

7) Spoon mixture into skins.

8) Top each with remaining cheese and bacon.

9) Bake for another 15 minutes.



1 comment: