Friday, August 18, 2017

Boston Cream/Eclair/No Bake Cake

Remember in The Curse of the Black Pearl when Elizabeth tries to invoke the Pirates Code and Barbossa replies, "The Code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules"? I guess that is kind of my approach to life but also kind of how I handled the recipes I saw for this dish. I had a tub of Cool Whip, 3 boxes of graham crackers, a small box of  Cheesecake pudding mix, and two large boxes of chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes. I didn't follow the recipe exactly but I loved how this tasted! Pudding Frosting is simply the bomb! Wish someone had told me about it a long time ago. Anyway, I give you . . . Eclair Cake!

Eclair Cake
Adapted from My Baking Addiction

INGREDIENTS:
2 packages of graham crackers
1 tub of Cool Whip
1 small box of instant cheesecake pudding mix
1 large box of instant vanilla pudding mix
1 large box of instant chocolate pudding mix
3 cups of milk
1/4 cup powdered sugar

DIRECTIONS:
1) Grab a 9 x13 and add your first layer of graham crackers

2) In a mixing bowl, beat together the cheesecake, vanilla mixes, and milk

3) After you get a mixture resembling pudding, fold in about 1/2-3/4 of the Cool Whip tub

4) Spread half of the pudding mixture over the first layer of graham crackers in the 9 x 13.

5) Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture in the 9 x 13.

6) Add the rest of the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.

7) Add another layer of graham crackers to the 9 x 13.

Pudding Frosting:
Adapted from Pinterest
8) In a mixing bowl (I used the same one I mixed the cheesecake and vanilla in) beat the chocolate pudding mix, powdered sugar, and remaining Cool Whip together. Pour over last layer of graham crackers.

9) The other recipe said to chill for four hours but honestly, it was ready after 90 minutes (maybe even less since we were kind of impatient haha).


No comments:

Post a Comment